Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rosswinter
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Mod Assistance Requested - Incorrect Billing Resulting In Non Payment

Hi All,

I've tried dealing with the usual helpdesk guys but as usual their failing has brought me here 😞

Basically, my elderly parents finally asked to be connected to the Internet but insisted that it were with BT as "we have been with them for years and they have never been a problem"...

I signed them up for your recent deal but the backend process seems to have gone wrong... The account should have passed from my Dad to my Mum as she woudl be paying the new bill (also moving from quartley billing to direct debit) and while the new services have been provisioned this has NOT BEEN DONE.

Consequently rather than charge a monthly DD to the bank details provided you are racking up charges on an account and still trying to charge them quartley.. also you are not even sending them a bill, had I not caught this you would no doubt have launched debt recovery proceedings and scared them half to death!

I hav espoken to your helpdesk, and have a copy of the transcript promising that the DD details were all correct and the money would be taken monthly and automatically... this is not happening.

Please can you get in contact so we can get this straightened out?

Thanks

Ross

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
StuartH
Message 2 of 9

Re: Mod Assistance Requested - Incorrect Billing Resulting In Non Payment

Hi Rosswinter

Sorry to hear of the problems experienced after ordering broadband on your parents account.

I can have this looked at for you. Send in your details using the contact the forum mods link in my profile.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
rosswinter
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Thanks Stuart, 

Request sent.

You guys are fantastic!

0 Ratings
rosswinter
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Hi Stu,

I get there is no SLA on this forum but please can I have an update from you?

My OAP mother has just rung me in tears because somebody she couldnt really understand called her mentioning late payment charges and potentialy cutting off her service.

As a pensioner her telephone is her lifeline!

Its spent me years trying to convince her that moving online would make her life eaiser, shes already starting to regret it!

Thanks

Ross

0 Ratings
rosswinter
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

I have also tried calling, spent ten minuites explaining to a offshore helpdesk who informed me the account is still in the wrong name with an incorrectly configured quartley bill rather than a monthly direct debit.

They then told me they would need to transfer me to the "customer contract/contact team" and promptly hung up on me!

I really would like some one to do something please?!?!?!

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 6 of 9

Hi @rosswinter,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry this is causing your mum so much upset. We're very busy at present so it's taking longer than expected to reply but I'll make sure this is picked up today.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
rosswinter
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Thanks David.

0 Ratings
rosswinter
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Hi Mods,

Please can you look into this urgently...

I have been dealing with Robbie about this, he has identified an issue at your end and is working to resolve. Robbie is currently on holiday and assured me before leaving that no action would be taken regarding late payments etc.

Today my elderly parents (both vunurable OAPs) have had their telephone and internet service cut off due to their "non payment of bills"..

ROBBIE ASSURED ME THIS WOULD NOT HAPPEN.... please sort this out for them ASAP.

Thanks

Ross

0 Ratings
StuartH
Message 9 of 9

Hi @rosswinter

Sorry about this, it definitely should not have happened.

I've arranged for the services to be reconnected this should take effect later today.

Robbie is back in the office tomorrow and will be in touch.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings