Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Mod help please - order cancelled without my knowledge

Hello and season's greetings.

I placed an order to have BT infinity and telephone installed in my new house.  I move in on 31st December.  The installation date was given as 17th January, much later than I'd like but I understand the time of year I still very busy.   When I checked the app today to check all was on track, it said the order had been delayed and that the installation date was now 6th February.

Several online chat sessions and call centre conversations have done nothing to assist or enlighten me as to the problem, only that the order was cancelled but not why.  How could this happen without me being informed - and to make me wait another three weeks without telling me?  Anyway, the last CS assistant I spoke to told me that there was nothing she could do to expedite the order and that I should call back on January 3rd to request a new installation date...I am completely confused as to why this cannot be dealt with now.

I am disabled and live alone, and it is imperative that I have a working telephone as mobile coverage is poor in my area.  I am also an Open University student with assignments due in January so cannot be without Internet for the entire month.

Also, will this affect my Topcashback and reward card entitlement, as it is no fault of my own that this has happened?

Can a mod please contact me, I have spent hours speaking with staff today and am no closer to a resolution.  

Thank you in advance, I would greatly appreciate a response.  

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Mod help please - order cancelled without my knowledge

Welcome to this user forum.

There may be no room left in the fibre cabinet

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

See if the cabinet availability says "waiting list" or "available"

If there is a waiting list, then that is why the order has been cancelled.

This would not affect the phone provision, but a new line may be needed in the new house.

Is it a new build house, as they can take a very long time to get provided.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Hello Keith, thank you for your reply.

The property already has had a BT line from what I can see.   It is also not a new build, but I live on a small island where fibre has just become available and I am one of the first to sign up for the new service.  I checked the link you gave and it says Available for all sections.  It also said it should only take 10 days to set up, further confusing me as to why I've been delayed so much.

The initial order was placed on 9th December to be installed on 17th Jan, now when I go into My BT, the order shows a start date of yesterday's date, the 29th to be installed on 6th Feb.  It also shows a totally different telephone number to the one I was given previously, which I've given out to everyone. This new number has also been put in the phone book, which I am expressly against.  I had requested specifically ex directory so as to avoid unwanted calls, now my details are out there for all and sundry to bombard me with calls.  

Im no further forward as to why the order I placed 3 weeks ago was cancelled and a new one started yesterday which won't connect me to phone or Internet for five weeks.  

Can a moderator please get involved?  I tried calling again today and the Order team just keep repeating that they cannot help just now and that I need to call back on January 2nd.  I've spent hours on the phone and chat going round in circles and no one is helping me.  I'm just at the end of my tether regarding this order and feel like cancelling everything.  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 7

Hi @Ladywildheart and welcome.

I'm really sorry you're having so many problems with the orders. There might not be a lot we can do to get this brought forward but I'll be happy to take a look and check if there is anything we can do to help. Can you drop me over an email with the details? You'll get he contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

FAO Robbie/Moderating team

I have no way to contact any of the moderators so hopefully this will work.
Robbie has been dealing with my case since December and had told me that my line would be connected on the 17th January, and that he would call me that day. No line connection, no phone call and no contact since 16th January.
Can a moderator please either get Robbie to contact me ASAP, or assist me themselves?
This lack of promised communication is really infuriating and unprofessional. As is leaving a vulnerable disabled woman without a phone for all these weeks.

Thank you
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 7

Re: FAO Robbie/Moderating team

@Ladywildheart I'm really sorry that Robbie hasn't been in touch, he's not in the office today but I've arranged for one of the mod team to get in touch with you shortly.  

0 Ratings