Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
General_Zod
Contributor
Message 11 of 16

Re: Modem Dropouts

Done, Eng coming out on Saturday.

Ill try and just get him to stick a new modem on the wall, do you think he will run some tests first before doing so?
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 16

Yeah he will, he'll make sure he can sync with the cab, check for errors etc and take action if anything is untoward. I don't think he'll have a problem with replacing the modem 🙂
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
General_Zod
Contributor
Message 13 of 16

Well, hes been.

Ive got a new faceplate, new modem and new plug for, pretty much all new equipment.

He also disconnected my orange pairs that go back down to the slave socket downstairs (ill just move my housephone upstairs now to the Infin socket) as he thought it could very well be something called "backfeed" from them causing some instability?

Who knows, lets just hope these dropouts are now a thing of the past.
0 Ratings
General_Zod
Contributor
Message 14 of 16

Well, touchwood, around 30 hours since the changes detailed above and no dropouts from the modem whatsoever.

Hopefully its problem solved.
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 16

Sounds promising. Fingers crossed 😄
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
General_Zod
Contributor
Message 16 of 16

Over 2 days now and no drops from my nice new modem whatsoever.

I think its (almost!) safe to say, problem solved 🙂
0 Ratings