Lozzie
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Modem help

Can someone pls help me. We are having a problem with broadband - it keeps dropping out. It's currently not working. Now each time we lose power to to modem - no lights or anything and then the hub doesn't work. I reported this, BT carried out online checks said all was fine and they'd monitor for 48 hrs. 48 hours later and it's still dropping in and out - so I contact them again - they run the same tests and pronounce everything working - at that point it was. I explained that it fails when the lights on the modem go out, including th power light (I've changed sockets etc btw) but they just ignore me and now say they are monitoring for another 48 hours!!! Now the modem has stopped working again so we've no internet. It's constantly India I speak too and I'm just not getting through to them - they aren't listening to me! I need a new modem! Help please!!
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
DavidM
Message 2 of 2

Re: Modem help

Hi @Lozzie and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're having problems with the connection dropping. Is the modem a white Openreach model? Was it installed by an engineer? What type of hub do you have?  Can you give me as much detail as possible and I'll try to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings