cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Moderator Help - Generic letter sent by mistake?

Hi, 

Looking for moderator help, leaving BT fully as of 11th November. Have had the email about the price risies and took this as my opportunity to get out free of charge. Contacted the call centre and spoke to a chap who confirmed I can leave absoloutley without any charges and a note will be left to confirm that. Actually wanted to keep Infinity but more hassle than it's worth. So...

Recieved a letter from BT today, confirming that my line and broadband will be taken over 11th November. TV will be 1st November. All the usual nonsense, with a little paragraph saying :

"If you're moving before the end of your contract, you'll need to pay a charge for the remaining months. How much depends on the number of services you have with us, but it's looking to be about £151.34."

Fact is, I am allowed to leave for free without charge. Just my final bill has to be settled for pro-rata'd services. So I just want a moderator to look into this and confirm this will all be ok and that £151.34 figure is just somebody trying to have a laugh. Clearly I assume a automated letter gets fired out when a notification from another supplier comes through but I thought I should nip this in the bud before it escalates to the final bill when issued.

As per the email with the prices rises :

"If this change means you want to end your service, you can do that by telling us within ten days of receipt of this email without needing to pay a charge for ending your contract early."

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Message 2 of 2

Re: Moderator Help - Generic letter sent by mistake?

Hi drunk1,

Email's like this are usually always automated and I suspect it has not taken into account any arrangements made by the advisor that you have spoken with but I will be more than happy to check that everything is in order. Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings