cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richiejames
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Moderator please – I want the money back that BT owe me.

Go to solution

Could a BT Forum Moderator please look into my account, contact the department currently handling my case, and arrange a refund for the money that BT owe me back, after overcharging my account for the last 3 months.

After my original phonecall 7 WEEKS ago, I have made a further 6 CALLS about this over the last 3 weeks. I don't want to have to phone BT about this EVER AGAIN.

The problem started when I recontracted my Broadband/Calls/TV on the 12th March, after previously being on a high-priced old package. The order “corrupted my account”, meaning the order never got closed – which has left me being charged more than my old package was costing, on my next 2 bills. Plus, I am owed money back from my February bill, as it charges for the whole month ahead but I switched to my cheaper package mid-March.

My 1st phonecall about this turned out to be a waste of time, as the problem wasn't even logged. I was told that “it would sort itself out” on my next bill... it didn't.

On my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th calls, they said they would escalate the case... they didn't, I got passed around call-centre staff and had to explain the same thing over and over and over again. They finally got the order closed and my account sorted out, so that I would be charged correctly on any new bills – bearing in mind that I had received another overcharged bill in the meantime. They told me the matter would get passed on to the billing department for a refund... It didn't.

On one of these calls I was told by a member of staff that I “wouldn't need to keep calling anymore, because it would all be sorted out”... it wasn't.

On my 5th call I was told that a refund would be processed in 5 working days... it wasn't.

On my 6th call I was told that a refund would be processed in 5 working days... this tipped me over the edge.

I was put on to a Manager, Ravi, who said he would look into it, and call me back after 10 minutes... he didn't.

I rang him back an hour later, he said he would call back within 24 hours... he didn't.

So like most people before me, I have lost ALL FAITH in your phone support. How can I trust a manager at a communications company who can't even communicate on the simplest level by making a phonecall.

This brings me to now. I still don't know when I am going to receive my refund. There is no dispute, everyone seems to agree that I am owed around £105.

So I am asking for a Moderator to please...

• Be my point of contact until I receive my refund.

• Tell me when I will see my refund on MyBT, and on what date it will be in my bank account.

• Explain to me how having to make 7 CALLS over 7 WEEKS, and still not knowing if my problem is resolved, is acceptable for any issue which should always just take 1 call.

… and please don't tell me that it will take another 5 working days. I don't believe that there isn't someone at BT that can process this same-day.

I look forward to a reply today, so that I can pass you my account details.

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 17

Re: Moderator please – I want the money back that BT owe me.

Go to solution

Hi richiejames,

Thanks for posting!

I'm sorry for the problems the order created and for the length of time you've been chasing this to get your refund.  I agree, an issue ongoing over 7 weeks isn't acceptable.

No need to worry as we'll help get you sorted from here.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section you'll see the link to get in touch with us.  If you could also include the link to this thread when you complete the form that would be great!

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings
richiejames
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

Yep. I did this at about 11.30am. 

So what's been done about it this afternoon?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

after completing the email you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help.  it can take 3 working days for mods to get back to you as all emails are replied to in chronological order of receipt

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
nighthawk12345
Beginner
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

Please give the Mods a chance.

I had a serious problem and the mods here got the right people on the case adn the matter is now resolved.

0 Ratings
richiejames
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

Right. It would be fairer to be dealt with in chronological order of first contact with BT, whether by phone or online. Or to put another way, by time wasted by BT so far.

0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution
I assume you never queue for anything?
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
richiejames
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution
Yeah... I've been pushed to the back of it for 7 weeks. I did start out with patience... its just all fizzled away now.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution
As you have just contacted the mods then you are at the back of the queue until you posted here and the mods got involved no one here knew of your problem so please be patient you will be contacted personally by either email or phone as soon as you reach the top of the mods mail stack
0 Ratings
richiejames
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

Thanks john46, I realise how this works. However... when a forum member's account details have been submitted to the mods, they must have access to that customers open cases and the dates that the problem started. It's only my opinion that it would seem fairer to deal with the older open cases first - including customers with older problems than mine.

In the meantime I am trying to remain patient - but it's easier said than done when I'm over £100 out of pocket.

0 Ratings