cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oliver341
Expert
Message 1 of 6

Moderators: can you press for a broadband usage monitor?

This is a question for the moderators. You seem to be pretty good about getting stuff done at BT. Quite a common request for users on BT Total Broadband is for there to be an online broadband usage monitor in their control panel so that they can monitor their Option 1 or Option 2 usage so that they do not exceed their quota. Installing broadband usage monitors is not always feasible given the variety of devices which connect to wifi these days.

So how about it mods, can you press to get this implemented?

Oliver.
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moderators: can you press for a broadband usage monitor?

Hi Oliver241

Thanks for the post. I’ve seen a few requests on different threads for this so know it’s something that a lot of forum members would like. I will pass on your comments again and make sure the right people see this feedback.

Understand what you are saying about the various devices but the best advice I can give at the moment to keep track of your usage is to use a search engine to find and download an online-usage meter for each device you are using. Search for 'internet usage meter' and you may wish to try several until you find one that meets your needs.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 3 of 6

@DavidM wrote:

Understand what you are saying about the various devices but the best advice I can give at the moment to keep track of your usage is to use a search engine to find and download an online-usage meter for each device you are using.

Hi David,

Unfortunately not all devices, such as Playstations and Xboxes, can run internet usage monitors. However I'm pleased you will raise this issue again with the relevant parties and I look forward to feedback.

Oliver.

Oliver.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

@DavidM wrote:

Hi Oliver241

Thanks for the post. I’ve seen a few requests on different threads for this so know it’s something that a lot of forum members would like. I will pass on your comments again and make sure the right people see this feedback.

Understand what you are saying about the various devices but the best advice I can give at the moment to keep track of your usage is to use a search engine to find and download an online-usage meter for each device you are using. Search for 'internet usage meter' and you may wish to try several until you find one that meets your needs.

Cheers

David

As BT "own" Plusnet, who have a usage monitoring system, can't that be utilised or is there any specific reasons not to use it ?

0 Ratings
robinbredin
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

@Oliver341 wrote:

This is a question for the moderators. You seem to be pretty good about getting stuff done at BT. Quite a common request for users on BT Total Broadband is for there to be an online broadband usage monitor in their control panel so that they can monitor their Option 1 or Option 2 usage so that they do not exceed their quota. Installing broadband usage monitors is not always feasible given the variety of devices which connect to wifi these days.

Hi, I use net meter, it is a good broadband monitor. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

@robinbredin wrote:

@Oliver341 wrote:

Hi, I use net meter, it is a good broadband monitor. 

I use netlimeter 2 and Networx, but as has already been mentioned, folk who use xboxs, Wiis and other "non" computer type stuff can't monitor that usage. The router can monitor stuff, but it's unreliable and can easily be reset etc.

0 Ratings