cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Touring_Dave
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Mods, please help - BT Smarttalk 'there is an unexpected error causing a problem'

Go to solution

I've been trying to install BT Smarttalk over a few weeks now, have tried on more than one Android device.

Installation always ends with "Unknown Problem. There's an expected error causing a problem.  Either try again, or if problems persist, please try closing and restarting the app."

I have called helpdesk, who transfer to another helpdesk who then say another helpdesk will contact me within 48hrs but nothing ever happens.

Have installed & reinstalled the app numerous times.

Have tried different BT logins.

MyBT account shows no problems under "extras", only that Smarttalk is an available extra for my account.

If a mod could get someone with technical knowledge to contact me I'd b really grateful.

Thanks.Screenshot_20161021-152725.png

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
DavidM
Message 2 of 7

Re: Mods, please help - BT Smarttalk 'there is an unexpected error causing a problem'

Go to solution

Hi @Touring_Dave and welcome.

It sounds like you've tried everything at your end to fix this so I'll be happy to lend a hand and try to sort it out. Can you please drop me over an email witnh your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Touring_Dave
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Re: Mods, please help - BT Smarttalk 'there is an unexpected error causing a problem'

Go to solution

@JohnC2

John,

System isn't allowing me to respond to PM hence this follow-up post on forum.

Since our chat at end of last week when you advised that a 'system fault' had been flagged and that was preventing the finalisation of the installation process I've heard nothing from your BT (System / Smart Talk) colleagues.

Can you PM me with an update if one is available.

Many thanks,

Dave.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Touring_Dave I can see they have escalated the system fault and are due to contact you in the next 48hrs.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Touring_Dave
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
John, many thanks for your help. Dave.
0 Ratings
Touring_Dave
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
@JohnC2

Received a phone call from SmartTalk help desk who said they had been told by more technical people that my account has been reset and that I should try process again.

SmartTalk app now installed and working on two different mobile phones.

Many thanks for all your help in getting this directed to the correct people / level.

Regards,

Dave.
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Touring_Dave Thanks for posting back and good to hear the Smart Talk team have now got you up and running.

Many Thanks

John

0 Ratings