cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 1 of 20

Mods

Just emailed the mods as I have been speaking to the 'support' people of God knows where.

When she found no apparent fault right now, she tried to get me to use their computer support people on a premium number to 'check my computer'.

For 3 weeks I had very slow speeds in the mornings and most evenings, well down in the red on the test. Speeds of 8, 6, 10mbps with a profile of around 52.16 (now showing 52.5).

Normally I get very close to that speed (49/52) but lately this has been all over the place. Nothing wrong with the computers, modem rebooted, hub rebooted. Everything doen hard wired as I do not use wireless aprt for the HTC phone.

It is a real 'cop put' to try and blame a computer when a fault is either hardware/software in the exchange/road side box.

Just did another test. 2.83mbps.

No fault then.

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 20

Re: Mods

Now 42.

Another test a few minutes later....15mpbs

10 minutes later,, 18mbps
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 20

Video stuttering and hardly managing to buffer.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 4 of 20

Do a tracert to the website and post the results back here

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 5 of 20

Have you reset the modem and or router? You testing wired yes?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 20

What speed tester are you using? Try speedtest.net then post back results.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 7 of 20

Hi people, thanks for the input.

Found the problem and it is weird.

If the wireless switches to channel 6, I get a massive drop in wireless speed down to 1mbps and the router drops it's port speeds to 10mbps.

Locked it now into channel 11 and speed right back up at 52.3mbps

I think the hub is u/s again. This is number 3. Who do I contact regarding getting this piece of plastic replaced? Not India again please:(

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 8 of 20

By the way, all speed tests were wired.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 20

Why don't you disable the wireless and just used a wired connection and see if that helps?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 10 of 20

A good question and I don't have an answer:)

I only use wireless for the HTC phone at night in my bedroom and early morning so I can check the financial markets. SO may as well turn it off.

But it is a matter of a wireless hub should be able to run properly with all facilities on. Though granted, it would prove the source of the problem.
0 Ratings