cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 28

Monitoring usage

I know there are programmes that can monitor BB usage on individual computers. Is there anything that will allow me to monitor total traffic going through the homehub. I have option one BB which is fine for ny uses but this last couple of months I (not me but my stepson i beleive) have been getting charged for going over the paltry 10GB limit and have now been hit with a £22 FUP charge. I don't want to upgrade if I an help it as I've already had to upgrade my phone package. I only went bak to BT to get the tv package but I'm now beginning to regret it.

0 Ratings
27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 28

Re: Monitoring usage

BT now have an online usage monitor , log into your My BT account and click on the link on the Broadband tab-

Monitor.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 28

I don't see that view. Instead I do not get diffrrent tabs, just the Phone info one. So how d owe get the tab view that you see?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 28

@wolfmanii wrote:

I don't see that view. Instead I do not get diffrrent tabs, just the Phone info one. So how d owe get the tab view that you see?

Hi. if the following fails :-

Click https://www.bt.com/appsyouraccount/secure/cyahub.do and enter your bt.com associated login ID and password (if it doesn't already let you in). The ID needs to be associated with your BB phone number.

Go down to Manage your services, click the Broadband tab, and then choose View your broadband usage.

then there is something awry with your BT.com account. Unfortunately there seems to be more than just a fraction of users with this problem.

Perhaps it would be nice if one of the Mods took a couple of cases and tried to find a common fault to help everyone in the same boat.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 28

Followed your link to my account. No sign of a Broadband tab. Just one page with info on the phone options (but they don't even work anyway)

I am happy for forum mods to have ago and fix this, just let me know what I need to do to instigate this.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 28

A few people on forum have the same problem but no solution seems to have appeared yet

and I don't think it is possible to have a PC resident monitor to cover all the network

the hub as long as it is not disconnected will show all traffic

enter for homehub
http://bthomehub/bb_internet.lp?be=1&l0=2&l1=2&l2=0

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 28

Hi, I too have been trying to get as far as the BB monitor, and only get a really old style page that gives phone info only.

I have was on to TH when I spotted this thread. They say my BB is on an old system and it is not possible to see any BB info from my rubbish looking telephone info. It is the same format that I have seen for many years.

Following the link above that has been given a few times, I login and get all sorts of errors in orange type.

Under Bills and Payments I get

Sorry but, due to technical constraints we can't display your account details on our web site. All your account details are safe and secure.

Nice to know they have them safe and secure. so secure I can't even get at them. (Poor grammar with the comma placement.)

Under Manage ... I get

Error: Sorry, we are currently unable to present Manage your services information.

Which must rate as a pretty poorly constructed sentance, even for BT!

Like you say, surely someone at BT can fix this, I didn't really expect TH to.

Ta, Andy.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 28

I have got to be missing something

this still does not work for me.

Call centre was unable to help.

I might need to link things together or something.

When I asked for help to reset passwrods to do this I was pretty much hung up on which surprised me.

They said they would do it their end and haven't.

Mods, help please

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 28

I e-mailed eCustomer Services Team 7 days ago, apart from the auto reply I've had no response - wouldn't hold my breath over this one
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 28

Yes it is a known problem and one that I have had. I just see phone and broadband talk tabs, but not broadband. I have been dealing with btcare@bt.com who have been useful, but ultimately it is out of their hands. They can tell you your usage in the interim, but I imagine this will be one of those BT faults that never gets fixed.....

Agreed would be good if a mod picked this up as it is obviously effecting many users.

0 Ratings