cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 24

Monthly usage allowance

What ever happened to broadband option 1, I never download anything on pc yet I am being charged for going over my 10G usage allowance, how????

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Brokk
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 24

Re: Monthly usage allowance

Possibilities are:

1. Malware sending stuff you're not aware of. Do a full anti-virus and anti-spyware scan.

2. Using more than you realise. Watching videos; using Skype; downloading updates for software.

3. Someone else using your WiFi. Make sure it's secure and maybe change password.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 24

Cheers Brokk, onto it straight away Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Geoff93
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 24

If you have only PCs / Laptops you could download something like Networx and install on each PC. This will allow you to see by PC / user the amount of data being down / uploaded.

There is also the online monitor

https://www.bt.com/appsyouraccount/secure/cyahub.do

Click the link above and login with a bt.com ID associated with your BB phone number. Then scroll down to ‘Manager your services’, and click on the ‘Broadband’ tab. There is an option ‘View your broadband usage’. Unfortunately not everyone can get access to this area, and so far there seems to be no specific reason for this.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
alanchown
Contributor
Message 5 of 24

You must download something- you downloaded this page for example. 10 gig is not a huge amount.

Alan

0 Ratings
Brokk
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 24

I find it hard to exceed 10GB without knowing. I do email, browsing, a fair bit of online gaming and the odd iPlayer program, and I usually stay around 3-4GB/month. So something is up if you go beyond 10GB and don't know how.

0 Ratings
davsee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 24

I too have a BIG problem with usage excess. I only joined BT on 16th March and by midnight on 19th they seem to think I have used 19.55GB, almost double the monthly allowance in 3 days!!! Tried to get help from the online service and found them to be totally useless (Indian call centre). All they say to me is 'everything you view online counts towards your download' do they really think I don't know that.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 24

if your router has not reset in the 3 days what usage it shown?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
davsee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 24

Sorry I don't understand your reply.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 24

your router shows your usage and if it has not restarted will show your usage for the last 3 days
0 Ratings