I received an email from BT on Wednesday inviting me to upgrade my Infinity 1 package to Infinity 2. SO I took the plunge and signed up. I had an activation date for the following day 20th August. Waited all day and nothing happened so got on the phone this morning.
I've been getting the run-around and passed from pillar to post fro 0730 until 0815. Could hardly hear some of the lines they wer so quite.. Finally get glibbly told it was stuck in the system and will upgrade on Momday.
No apology, no explanation of when my new contract charges will start, no explanation of why it can't happen today.
Sorry for the delay upgrading you from BT Infinity option 1 to option 2. Has this been sorted out since you posted this? If you're still having problems I'll be happy to help sort things out from here.
Before you do upgrade your package have you checked that it would actually be worth you doing that.
Can you run this checker and it will show you what your line can deliver. You should then ask yourself, was my Infinity 1 package maxing out and do I need any more speed? In the vast majority of cases the answer will be no.