Did you mean: 
Gandhi23
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

More delays..... *sigh*

Hi all,

So anyway, usual story (it would seem)

23rd August - Ordered BT infinity 1 for activation on the 1st September

30th August - Message saying "we have yet to receive commitment for your order, it may be delayed" appeared on my order page. Spoke to someone on Live chat who assured me that was in error and that all would be fine on the 1st September.

1st September - Q'eulle suprise, no broadband but the phoneline was transferred.

2nd September - Spoke to someone in UK call center, apologised, was given an activation date of 9th September.

9th September - Spoke to Live chat again - was told delayed, no activation

12th September - Again, told my BB would be activated that day and surprise, nothing happened.

Have since spoken to call centre on the 12th, 16th, 20th, and today (23rd) only to be told again that I can't be given an activation date and no one will contact me now until the 26th September.

The icing on the cake was today speaking my "handler" at the UK call center who's attitude, quite frankly stank. To be told that  "I'm getting fed up of having these conversations with you" when I questioned what was going on and what the delays were is quite frankly appalling. I've been pretty even tempered and good natured about the delays so far but no-one has told me anything about the cause of the delays other than blaming it on openreach. I wouldn't mind so much but it was the constant lies about activation dates and complete lack of contact initially that have left a very bad tase in my mouth.

I'm now about 48 hours away from cancelling my order.

I just wished I had read some prior feedback about BT before commiting to an order with them.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Gandhi23
Beginner
Message 2 of 9

Re: More delays..... *sigh*

P.S. Dunno if anyone here can help at all? I know this a C2C forum but if one of the mods could offer any advice/assisstance, that would be great!

0 Ratings
Pintu
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

0 Ratings
Gandhi23
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Well, here we are. 7 Weeks from my order date.

I was told yesterday that there was a work order on my line that would be completed today.

Today I was phoned by a different customer care op as the one dealing with my case is off; "no further progress and we won't call you for another 8 days now unless there is some progress."

Apparently, after I dug a little further it's actually a "software issue" with BT Wholesale and NOT a problem with the exchange or cabinet. Sounds rather like someone has screwed up to me......

Will be nearly 9 weeks now I suspect, before I hear back again.

0 Ratings
Gandhi23
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. I have also been billed now hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaa!

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 6 of 9

Hi @Gandhi23 and thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry there's been so many problems getting you connected. I can appreciate how frustrating this is for you. I can help. Can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Gandhi23
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Thanks David,

Have filled out the contact us form, look forward to hearing from you.

0 Ratings
Gandhi23
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Well.....

Just to keep you all updated.....

One of the Care team did contact me after my request here, but as my complaint had been escalated above the level at which they operate, there was nothing they could do to help. They did, however, go to great lengths to explain the issues which I was very grateful for.

So here we are, nearly 11 weeks after I placed my order and nearly 10 weeks after it was due to go live. I finally have an engineer appointment tomorrow to sort out my install. Quite why, I don't know. The flats were only refurbished 2 years ago so it can't be a wiring issue but I will be asking the engineer when (if) they turn up as I have had to take unpaid leave from work to accomodate this.

Issue was (I've been told) that my order was *stuck* somewhere in the openreach order provisioning system. It has taken this long to come to that conclusion and realise that the basic solution was to just cancel the original order and replace it.

In any case, I should hopefully have some broadband tomorrow. God help BT if the line speed doesn't match with what has been promised or the engineer doesn't turn up!

0 Ratings
Gandhi23
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Hi All!

I have internet now 🙂

Ordered 23rd August. Supposed to be started 1st September. Actual switch on date 4th November.

74 days from point of order until I have usable broadband.

Looking at my mobile logs and chat logs I have spent approx 11 hours on the phone or on chat over that time.

I had to take half a days unpaid leave for an engineers visit.

I have had to spend £73 on mobile data to be able carrying on doing my job whilst I BT have sorted this.

total cost to me so far £118

hmmmm, wonder what my chances of reclaimin any of these costs beyond the daily rental are?

0 Ratings