jonnyd1988
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

More info

Hi as of today when i put my postcode inthe openreach when and where postcode checker I recieve this message

This marker shows cabinet: P36
Which is linked to exchange: SAINT HELENS
Please note: There are multiple cabinets providing fibre broadband services to your postcode. There may be an issue with the deployment of these cabinets so please contact us at nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk to check the situation for your specific address.

Please refer to our FAQ section for details

Has anyone else had this message and has anyone got anymore info on to what this means?

ive emailed openreach
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
jonnyd1988
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: More info

and on the bt adsl checker it says FTTC will be available 30th June 2013
0 Ratings
jac_95
Guru
Guru
Message 3 of 5

Hi jonnyd1988,

This message means that there is a known major delay with deploying FTTC at cabinet (pcp) 36 in your area. Your best option is to email the nga openreach department with your landline number, address and postcode to see what's happening.

If your not sure which cabinet (pcp) you are connected to enter your landline number into here ( http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl

Hope that helps,

Cheers

0 Ratings
jonnyd1988
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Ive checked quite a few postcodes that are dotted around my town (family and friends) and all of the postcodes (which are each connected to a different cabinet) are recieving the exact message
0 Ratings
jac_95
Guru
Guru
Message 5 of 5

Hi again jonnyd1988,

Actually your exchange SAINT HELENS hasn't even been Fibre upgraded/activated yet. There is an estimated date of June 2013 for the SAINT HELENS exchange to be Fibre enabled (FTTC), though your cabinet will then need to be upgraded with a FTTC (DSLAM) cabinet and activated before you will be able to order.

See what nga openreach say too (may take a week or so to get a reply)

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

0 Ratings