Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Woofy38
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

More problems with BT Infinity and Call Centre

Go to solution

Noticed yesterday (01/10) that Internet was slow, did a speedtest.net and download speed was down to around 10mbps.  Left it for the day but did some further tests with same result. Last night test came down to 0.69 mbps so decided to report the fault through BT.com contact us form. Got an auto response with a ref xxxxxx-xxxxxx.

No change this morning so login and incident report is showing as no trace? So call the call centre (much against my will from past experience). Call centre cannot trace the incident report either by the ref or my personal details, great 12hours wasted. 

So I have to go through the whole verification and test that all my wires are plugged in, that all my little lights are on or flashing. They can find no fault or reports of faults.  I then explain the result from speedtest.net, am told that they (BT) do not trust these results and gets me to go to their preferred speedtest site. Surprisingly when I use their system it shows 38.1 mbps. I try a couple of youtube and other site to check for buffering and everything works fine. 

Not two minutes after I hang up the whole internet slows down again, so I go on their test site and I get .52 mbps download. So back on the phone, go through the whole blabla again and the guy gets me to test it whilst we are on the phone; .49mbps, not good. So he does some 'more' test that take about 10 minutes to tell me that there is a reported fault on my exchange and that he will have to escalate my call, but it could take up to 24h00, grat another day lost.

My issue is that they were unable to tell me why my initial incident is not showing up, nor did they seem interested in finding out. The first person did not or chose not to check if there were any reported faults and now I have to wait another 24h00 before someone can tell me what is going on. 

Not good.

Rant over

Ronald

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: More problems with BT Infinity and Call Centre

Go to solution
is this wired or wireless?
0 Ratings
Woofy38
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Hi, The tests were done wired into the router/hub

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution
could you please post the results of a diagnostic BT speedtest so we can see your IP Profile
0 Ratings
Woofy38
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Sorry John, not sure how to do that.

Saga continues Got call from BT engineer saying that there was not problem with the exchange or my line, but my Hub/router was no longer fonctioning. As I was out of contract this would cost me £90 to have new one. Rang CS and sorthed that element out. New hub arrives today so I plug it in and run the BT Speed test, 0.41 Mbps download ! So I call technical to only have to through the whole 25 minutes of line testing to be told guess what: there must be a fault at the exchange we will have to get BT Wholesale to investigate and it may take up to 24h00 for them to contact you ! Absolute farical inefficiency which is totally unacceptable. I have no lodged a complaint and have asked that they resolve this and provide me with an explanation as to this total incompetence.

Ronald

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution
Sorry this is the link you need http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ post back the diagnostic test so we can see your IP Profile
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Note to johns post you need to select further diagnostics after the initial test in-order for it show your IP profiles.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Woofy38
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Hi, This is what I got back from the tests.

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.

FAQ
 Download Speed
 0.36 Mbps

0 Mbps38.72 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.36 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12 Mbps-38.72 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 38.72 Mbps

2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 0.08 Mbps

0 Mbps10 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.08Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10 Mbps

This test was not conclusive and further testing is required.This might be useful for your Broadband Service Provider to investigate the fault.

If you wish to carry out further tests,please click on 'Continue' button.If not, please close the window using 'Exit' button and contact your ISP for further assistance with these results.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution
was the test done with a wired connection? if not can you re do the test please
0 Ratings
Woofy38
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution
Hi John, all the tests are wired and with all wireless devices disabled.
0 Ratings