cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IceZaroth
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

More than 5 Days very stable connection in Scotland

Thanks to the Mods for sorting that Downstream Noise Out for me ...

ADSL line status

Connection information
Line stateConnected
Connection time5 days, 0:59:28
Downstream9,100 Kbps
Upstream1,187 Kbps

ADSL settings

VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.5
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)5.9 dB / 5.7 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)41.0 dB / 19.8 dB
Output power (Down/Up)0.0 dBm / 12.6 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)0
Loss of Signal (Local)0
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)0 / 4294967238
CRC Errors (Down/Up)18131 / 2147480000
HEC Errors (Down/Up)nil / 0
Error Seconds (Local)13758
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
IceZaroth
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: More than 5 Days very stable connection in Scotland

Ok someone quit being a smart person and sort my SNR Again, someone or thing is messing with my snr again because I was at work at the time of the HH2's reconnection, i work perminent nightshift i just got home and found the router had resync'ed itself but at a higher SNR again, as you can see from my above post my connection was solid 5+ days, for the router to all of a sudden mysteriously resync while unattended and stick me with the 9DB or noise is stupid.

Again i'll be patient and let the mods work there reknowned magic on this issue.

ADSL line status

Connection information
Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 6:02:02
Downstream6,771 Kbps
Upstream1,115 Kbps

ADSL settings

VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.5
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)8.1 dB / 6.2 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)41.0 dB / 19.6 dB
Output power (Down/Up)0.0 dBm / 12.9 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)0
Loss of Signal (Local)0
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)0 / 4294967244
CRC Errors (Down/Up)5539 / 2147480000
HEC Errors (Down/Up)nil / 0
Error Seconds (Local)3
0 Ratings
IceZaroth
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

Ok might just be something weird like some kinda static or something because its settling back down again ...

ADSL line status
Connection information
Line state Connected
Connection time 0 days, 0:01:06
Downstream 7,515 Kbps
Upstream 1,183 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI 0/38
Type PPPoA
Modulation ITU-T G.992.5
Latency type Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up) 6.3 dB / 5.9 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up) 41.0 dB / 19.6 dB
Output power (Down/Up) 0.0 dBm / 12.6 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local) 0
Loss of Signal (Local) 0
Loss of Power (Local) 0
FEC Errors (Down/Up) 0 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up) 88 / 2147480000
HEC Errors (Down/Up) nil / 7
Error Seconds (Local) 7
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

could it be that after sorting your problem out that your line has been put in to training mode and the resets are the exchange trying to find your best connection?  just a thought.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Eamdad
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Dont worry, you will go back to normal. Its just your line must have got a spike of interference but its gradually going back down 🙂

As long as your noise margin is not set then it will change all the time depending on interference. Looking at your connection it looks pretty good for the distant you are from the exchange. Im sure it will go back to normal.

0 Ratings
IceZaroth
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

thanks for the replies i've also had 3db on the download snr and held that connection stable for more than 24 hours but it seems that the exchange is trying to mess up the connection because in theory ...

1. if i can hold 3db down stable for 24+ hours by the way the speed was awesome, now by stable im also talking from a gamers point of not having any spike outs, no latency issues what so ever everything was peachy, then i goto work computer is turned off the whole time im at work but never shut down the HH2 its up 24/7 as ive had a dealing with turning the hh2 off before and it messed up my speed.

2. I'd be more than happy to endure say a week on a constant 3db down stream but the exchange thats ment to know better for the connections, is'nt doing so well.

I Fully Understand that the server manages the SNR automatically and I'm also away that people can easily set the SNR manually, for this reason and this reason alone i'm more than willing to endure a trial where by a mod sets my SNR to 3db on a more perminent basis, let me be the judge of what works and what does'nt, If it fails i have 3 broadband connections in my house, BT BB this one and also 2 mobile BB's, I can very easily post finding's and any further problems encountered.

If this is at all possible to trial this whether under a "NDA", i'd be only too delighted too.

Yoursincerly

IceZaroth

BT Community Helper

0 Ratings