cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
technoidea
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Moto GP picture stutter

Hey ho another season is upon us and BT still has'nt bothered to sort out the stop motion effect . Maybe if they concentrated on improving service instead of throwing money at a load of adverts featuring over paid " celebs " we might get a watchable race ! I have found that IE9 is marginally better than Chrome but there is not much in it . I must admit my computer is somewhat on the elderly side like myself , but I cannot afford to constantly upgrade computers and gizmos that appear to be required these days . Oh well , that's my rant over for this season and as usual it won't make a sh*t of difference because it is plainly obvious that BT don't give a toss !

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
gomezz
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Moto GP picture stutter

How is the computer connected to the router? I understand the video streaming quality is adaptive but that looks at the internet connection speed and not the connection speed between the router and the end device.  While an ethernet cable may be an awkward solution at least give it a try to eliminate the wireless connection being at the root of your problem.

You may be interested to know that Channel 5 are broadcasting FTA highlights this season which may tide you over until your BT / internet / computer issue is sorted.

0 Ratings
technoidea
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

I have tried an ethernet cable to no avail and I do watch channel 5 but really miss the Moto 3 scraps especially as it looks like John McPhee has a decent bike this year . Thank you anyway .

0 Ratings
gomezz
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 9

And you don't have a similar problem with other streaming services?
0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 9

In my experience, BT Sport online has always been inferior to casting to a TV. If you have a smartphone, about £30 spent on a Google Chromecast will bypass your computer and probably get better results. Some TVs now have Google Cast buit in.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
technoidea
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

What do you mean exactly by streaming . I watch on my laptop direct . 

No I don't have a smart phone .

0 Ratings
gomezz
Distinguished Expert
Message 7 of 9

I mean using other services like BBC iPlayer etc.
0 Ratings
technoidea
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

12.20pm . Just tried BBC iplayer and it is a bit jerky & slightly off kilter but a vast improvement on BT sport . BT sport was fine until the change from silverlight and ever since then it has been problematical . To add to the problem I live in the far SW of Scotland and the broadband service to our village is pretty appalling despite many residents especially businesses complaining and the fact that Openreach engineers are practically in residence it does'nt seem to improve and as for fibre optic it's like waiting for the 2nd coming . Sorry about the rant and thank you for bothering to try and help which is more than BT do .

0 Ratings
gilera
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

I yet again repeat that Silverlight was great, but BT will not listen!!!

Last weeks Moto GP kept repeating, could not use. Use a free streaming service it will run 100%.

0 Ratings