cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandra51
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

MotoGP on demand online

If I miss the start of a session, practice, qualifying or the actual race itself, how soon can I watch them on the On Demand part online ?

Also how long are they avaliable to watch ?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
sandra51
Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: MotoGP on demand online

Looks like no one knows anything then.

Unfortunately I missed the qualifying and heard the result on the news before I had chance to watch it anywhere online.

Its really annoying that I can watch almos 24 hours aday of tennis or football at the moment, which I have no interest in watching, but the one thing I do want to watch for an hour or so was the MotoGP qualifying today and the race tomorrow.

Why BT can't make a download or an on demand replay available a few minutes after the race has finished.

If I had known that I wouldnt be able to watch the only sport I signed up with BT inifinity to be able to watch then I may as well have saved some cash and gone with Plusnet .

I know I can pay even more money and get a youview box but infinity costs enough as it is already, including the "free BT sports package" that it should be available on demand for no extra charge almost immediately after the event has finished.

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 3 of 10

Hi Sandra,

I don't have an exact answer to your question around timescale of replay but have you seen the MotoGP Ondemand player?  Worth a bookmark and then you can keep an eye on when the replays become available.  The latest replay on the player is the full race in Italy.

The player can be found from this link, MotoGP on demand

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
sandra51
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Hi Sean,

I have seen that thank you, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any information as to when the race becomes available on demand and the practice and qualifying sessions don't seem to be available anywhere at anytime.

Obviously the race is the most important one that needs to be available on demand but it would be nice to be able to watch the others as well.

The race and qualifying should be repeated or available on demand very soon after they have finished as if it takes more than a couple of hours for the race to become available its going to be almost impossible to watch the race before you have heard the results. Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 5 of 10

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for the reply.  I have asked my colleagues in the BT Sport content team the questions you have raised, and can share more information.

For the practice sessions and qualifying, we do not currently show these on the catch-up player in full.  We do however includes clips from these events and make them available on demand via the app and online as well.

Regarding the full races, these are shown in full and will be live on demand via the app and online within 8 hours of the race ending.

I appreciate its not the answers I am sure you were hoping for Smiley Sad

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
sandra51
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Hi Sean,

8 Hours isnt too bad especially for the far eastern races such as the Australian and Japanese ones.

Thats better than what I read somewhere on the BT information that said something about it being available within 48 hours.

I will have to check and see if todays race is avaiable at around 10pm this evening. For anyone who didnt see it then its well worth watching as I think its the best race of the season so far, even better than Mugello was.

Maybe they will start having the qualifying and practice sessions on demand or at least do like sky do with the F1 races and repeat them all regularly over the Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

0 Ratings
sandra51
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Hi Sean,

It looks like they gave you the wrong information.

Its 2.10am now and its still not showing in the On Demand bit of BT Sport, so thats over 12 hours since the race finished.

I expect the bit I read saying within 48 hours is unfortunately going to be more like the truth.

The highlights of the main race was shown a few hours later in the schedule for BT Sports 1 and 2 and ESPN but again thats not as convenient as the On Demand would be as you need to be available to watch it when it starts.

It would be handy if there was some way to schedule the online show to come on at a specified time so that I could set a screen capture software to record it but as you have to log in each time and there doesnt appear to be a way to have it keep you logged in, then I cant set it up to do that 😞

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 8 of 10

Hi Sandra,

Really sorry about this Smiley Embarassed

I have spoken with the content guys again and they have explained that the team who deal with making these races available for On Demand do not work 24/7 so with yesterday being Sunday, they only started on the process to make this race available on demand, first thing this morning.  They have said it will be live in the next few hours.  

Sandra sorry about giving you the wrong info, I appreciate you stayed up quite late last night based on the information that I had posted so my sincere apologies for that.  Hopefully you haven't learned the result as of yet and will get a chance to watch the race today Smiley Wink

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
sandra51
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Hi Sean,

I did watch it live yesterday as it happens but I will not always be able to do so.

I am afraid that their excuse for giving you te wrong information is a bit pathetic as all the races are on Sundays, apart from the next one at Assen which is on a Saturday, presumably they wont be working on Saturdays either, unless they just do the morning in which case they will have left before the race actually starts so that would mean an extra days delay  Smiley Frustrated

I always stay up late so don't worry about that Sean, its getting up early that I have a problem with, thats why I am not always able to watch the race live.

0 Ratings
sandra51
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Its coming up to 36 hours after the race finished and it is still not available.

I see that it has been available to download from some torrents sites from just after 4pm on the day the race was on and the quailfying was also available just over 2 hours after the qualifying finished, so maybe that will be a better way to watch it.

Once my contract is up I will move to a cheaper ISP and watch it easier. Its just a pity that I didnt realise how limited the MotoGP coverage was before I got tied into an 18 month contract Smiley Sad

0 Ratings