cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Move e-mail to a different account

Go to solution

I have two BT accounts one of which has my BTYahoo E-mail attached to it. I am closing that account and have been told I will lose the e-mail address. How do I move it to my other BT broadband account?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Move e-mail to a different account

Go to solution

Hi @LinBR,

The person you were speaking to should have been able to try and manually move it for you. I'm sorry that they didn't do it for you.

To help make things go as smooth as possible can you add your emails to your BT ID? Go to the following page: BT Email Management Page. After signing into your BT ID, it will show you your email addresses for your accounts. If you can't see any emails there you can change between your accounts by clicking on the drop down on the top right. When you see your emails, make sure you click on "Add to BT ID" and then enter your passwords for each. Without this step being completed we won't have the option to move your account.

It'll take us a few working days but if you click on my user name and then on contact the mods we'll do our best to help you. You'll need to be in Full site view rather than Mobile site view to see that option.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for taking my call this morning @LinBR.

Thanks for completed the steps as requested by @DanielS. I've completed the order for you and the email has now been moved to the required account. Post back if you have any other problems and we'll be happy to help.

All the best

David

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

David,

I have an old closed account to which are attached 2 email addresses. These are "greyed out", and I can do nothing with them. I would like to transfer them to my new account. Can you help please?

Regards

Peter

0 Ratings