cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Move exchange to connect to cabinet

Fibre has just been brought into my village and there is a new cabinet in the village.

The cabinet is approx 200m from my house, but apparently I am served from a different exchange which means I cannot connect to the cabinet.

Apparently my house is at the end of the line from my current exchange which delivers very poor quality copper line broadband.

Is there a way Can I change the way my house is served / switch exchanges, and connect into the new cabinet?
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Move exchange to connect to cabinet

Unfortunately not.

Are you the only one in the village on the other exchange? Or are others in the same situation?

If you want to message me your postcode/property number and a postcode of a house connected to this new cabinet, I can do a little investigating for you.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

I think it's just me and one other cottage - you can see our overhead line coming from the opposite direction to the village.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

I've repled to your message.

I think speaking to superfast north yorkshire is your best bet.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings