cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Move from Infinity to standard broadband (Hub 2 problem)

I have moved house and have had to downgrade from Infinity to standard broadband. I have a home hub 2b which I have taken with me. The previous occupier at my new address was using standard BT broadband with no problems. My new service was activated 8/8 however when I connect the Hub 2 it does not detect any broadband signal. When you connect to the hub it appears to be looking for the Infinity modem i.e. requests you to check the red cable in in place, whereas my hub now connects directly to the exchange line via the Landline socket on the rear left of the hub. I have performed a reset to default etc several times and been on the phone to BT for 2 hours with no success. BT are sending a new hub, have I missed something. Grateful for any advice.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Move from Infinity to standard broadband (Hub 2 problem)

Was it just a reset you did? If it was carry out a factory reset of the Homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear of the hub for about 20 seconds then try and connect. 

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

As has said, a factory reset is needed, as now the ADSL lead is being used, and not the red WAN connection lead, which is not used for ADSL.

The home hub has to learn the new internal routing.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

Hi thanks for the reply it was a factory reset that I performed. I still get the message you seem to have a problem with the connection to your fibre hub this may be because the connection between your hub and the Openreach modem has become disconnected. It doesn't appear to be looking at the Landline connection.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

it sounds like you have one of the old hub 2's modified for infinity that may be the problem
0 Ratings