cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
willyg78
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Moved House, and moved BT Services to new address - No service

We recently moved house and waited for almost 3 weeks until an engineer was available to visit the premises to connect the services.

Engineer arrived at the house on Tuesday, and confirmed phone was working. At our old property, we had Infinity, the new property is not in an Infinity area so we moved to Broadband instead and were told to use the existing hardware BT HH3 I believe.

Broadband does not sync, therefore we are without service. Wife called BT, went through connecting directly to master socket. still problems. Customer adviser told her it was a line fault and an engineer would call out.

Engineer called today, checked line and told my wife there were no faults and the line was fine.  My wife is just off the phone with customer services and was told that some tests will be run. I have no confidence that this is going to be resolved, so I would like to escalate it to have the broadband fault resolved.

Meanwhile we are being charged for a service that we have been unable to use for close to 3 weeks.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moved House, and moved BT Services to new address - No service

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

0 Ratings
willyg78
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number 02828xxxxxx on Exchange LARNE is served by Cabinet 10

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 1--1 to 3.5Available
ADSL MaxUp to 0.75--0.75 to 2Available
WBC Fixed Rate0.5 ----Available
Fixed Rate0.5 ----Available
Other Offerings
Copper Multicast------Available
BETUp to 2----Available

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line does not have left in jumpers.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Jan-2013; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact the Broadband supplier they want to take service from to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Note: Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.

Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

the checker shows you are a long way from your exchange and the maximum speed you are likely to achieve is 0.75 MB you need a broadband engineer out for this problem phone 0800 111 4567 and request one
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

willyg78 wrote: and were told to use the existing hardware BT HH3 I believe.

Please confirm that you have removed the Openreach modem, and connected the HH3 directly to your phone line?

0 Ratings