cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 11 of 13

Re: Moved and now speed is horrible

quiet line test was no static or anything. Basically like it says, it was quiet on the line.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Guru
Message 12 of 13

Thanks sleevedout,

As there was no noise on the line and that you only have one phone socket (The LJU Master Socket) then unfortunately this maybe the max speed your able to achieve.

As already said your line has a line attenuation of 59.7dB your landline is approx 4.3km long from your property to your local exchange. In Ideal conditions I would have estimated a speed between 2mb to 2.6mb on AdslMax (G.992.1) for a good quality line. Your current sync rate is not far off the 2mb mark, this could be down to many factors such as line material.

As Keith has said you maybe able to opt out of the BT Vision service, however your contract will still stand unless your broadband service doesn't work at all.

Cheers.

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 13

Just to reiterate waht ahs already been said, if Infinity is in your area it is well worth getting. I was stuck on a 1Mbs line (I'm also a long way from the exchange). With Infinity I now get 30x that speed (and am actually paying less than I was before).
0 Ratings