Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Moved from BT Vision Box to Youview??

Go to solution
Hi. Has anyone paidthe £49 to move from BT Vision box to Youview box? If so I would be pleased to hear your thoughts please. I hate the new EPG on BT Vision. Is Youview friendlier?
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: Moved from BT Vision Box to Youview??

Go to solution

Made the switch a few months ago. YouView is great and the Humax box is excellent. EPG is miles better. The BT Vision Player is slower than the old vision box but overall it's £49 well spent.

Am on Infinity too with Youview box hard wired into Home Hub. Just waiting for BT Sport and extra channels and I will be even happier.

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution
Can the change be organised online ?

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution
Thanks for the reply. I upgraded to Infinity yesterday and boy is it fast. I tried to find extra channels (National Geographic, Discovery etc) as i am an unlimited customer. I couldn't find them so spoke to BT today who surprisingly told me i have to buy a new BT box as it needs upgrading. Cost is £49 bless them and new 12 month contract. The BT Vision EPG is so frustrating so if i have to spend this extra money from what you say, and what i have read elsewhere, a Youview box at same price should be best option.

I only went to infinity for the new BT Sport.

Do you currently get the extra channels like National Geographic?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
Sorry didn't read your comments on extra channels not being available. I guess they are coming.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

The 18 extra channels will be available on Youview when my local exchange is upgraded to multicast and when the YV box has had the required software upgrade. At the moment I have Infinity but no multicast. Hopefully, this will happen over the next few months.

I spoke to someone at BT about getting BT Sport channels on Youview without multicast. Apparently BT Sport is going to be available through the BT Vision player on Youview.

I'm hoping that once the exchange is multicast, the BT Sport channels and the other extra channels will be part of the EPG on Youview as I expect they will be on the exisiting Vision + box.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

I did the switch from BTVision to BTYouview via phone on a Friday afternoon, box turned up Tuesday early am, which was designated switch over day, and that was done early am (Tues) too ....... so switched, up and running very quickly ... and yes upfront cost for box was £49.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings Star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Sorry to hijack this thread, but what happens to recordings on the Vision box if the account is moved over to Youview?

Is it necessary to watch all recordings first or can you sort of 'substitute' the vision box for the youview box to watch a recording and ten swap it back?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

@rubble2 wrote:

Sorry to hijack this thread, but what happens to recordings on the Vision box if the account is moved over to Youview?

Is it necessary to watch all recordings first or can you sort of 'substitute' the vision box for the youview box to watch a recording and ten swap it back?

Thanks

You'd get a brand new box so your recordings wouldn't transfer.  However, you get to keep the Vision box so you can watch your recordings on it after your YouView box is set up

---Remember to mark as 'solved' and give stars when you like a post---
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution
Thanks for al comments. I took the plunge and ordered Youview box yesterday. It should be here tomorrow, Friday. BT will send a bag for the BT Vision box which they need back. Hopefully it wont be too long before the Extra channels come on to Youview.
0 Ratings