Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mototrick
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Moved from Infinity 1 to Infinity 2 but no change

Hi, 

I've had BT Infinity 1 for the past year (almost). It has ran superbly, and I can easy acheive 53/19 speeds. As my 12 month contract is coming to an end I accepted an offer to move to Infinity 2 for £5 month extra. The order was sheduled for the 19th September, and this is reflected by my account showing I have the Infinity 2 package.

But.........the Wholesale Broadband speed checker still shows the max line speed acheivable as 55, and the ADSL line checker shows the line capable of 80. It looks to me as though the Infinity 2 order was not completed correctly. 

Should I wait a little longer to see if the cap is lifted, or should it have happened yesterday?

I do not use the BT HH, I use an ASUS RT-N66u, but I can see the line stats via the ECI modem. I'm at work at the moment so can't pull any stats from it until I get home, but the piccy below is from the ADSL Checker.

check.png

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Moved from Infinity 1 to Infinity 2 but no change

If the order was due to complete yesterday then the switch should have happened yesterday.

We’ll know more when we can see the line stats.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 3 of 12

Hi @Mototrick and welcome.

@Webby is correct. You should see a difference but once you can post your stats we'll check that for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Mototrick
Beginner
Message 4 of 12

@DavidM @Webby

Thanks for the welcome and quick replies.

I'll update the post tonight with some actual figures from the ECI modem.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Mototrick
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

@DavidM @Webby

I've managed to grab some data from the speed checker and the ECI modem and also a grab from my BT account page.

I'd appreciate any help you could give.

Lee

bt.png

speed.png

modem.png

0 Ratings
Mototrick
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

Sorry, those images are rubbish, i'll see if I can make the clearer.
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

You’re connectd at 66meg, which is within the range estimated for your line.

Your IP profile is lower than I’d expect though, should be in thee 63meg range.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

What cabinet number and exchange are you on?
0 Ratings
Mototrick
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

I'm in Castleford, on cabinet 62.

So my modem is connected at 66meg? If I was on Infinity 1 would it have been capped at 55meg? I'm kicking myself for not checking it before the move.

The line IP profile has not changed either, it was 55meg when I had Infinity 1

All speed tests i've done before and after the move show a max of 53meg.

If i'm only ever going to get 53meg, then i'm oviously better off on Infinity 1, saving my £5 extra each month.

Thanks

Lee

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

As you’re on a Huawei cabinet, I’d suggest getting a modem which uses a Broadcom chipset. The Huawei cabinets use Broadcom processing and they tend to work better when paired with a Broadcom modem.

I sync 10meg higher with a Broadcom modem as opposed to a Lantiq.

Not only that, most if not all Broadcom modems support G.INP which if enabled on your line, would open the door to possibly a reduction in noise margin.

My line went fro 61meg to 77.8meg sync with the activation of G.INP and a 3dB target margin.
0 Ratings