cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Moved home but no Internet available

I contacted bt 2 weeks ago to notify them I was moving, I was assured on the phone that I would be able to access my wireless even though the house I have moved to doesn't have an active phone line and an engineer won't be out until August. Apparently if I have an account I can access it anywhere but I have no idea how. I work from home so my Internet connection is vital. I have plugged in my box which tells me wireless is working but none of my devises will connect. Can someone please point out what I'm missing here? Thanks
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Moved home but no Internet available

if you don't have active broadband on your line then the router will nor connect to broadband nor the internet.

I think the reference is to the availability of BTFON/Openzone but it will need to be from another customers hub - if there are any around you they will apear on your wifi networks available.  you can login to BTFON with your primary btemail address and password

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: Moved home but no Internet available

Hi Pickledpip,

I think BT mean that if you have a BT Broadband Product then you can access any BT Wifi/ BT Fon / BT Openzone Hotspots.

The Wifi Hotspots are transmitted by other BT Home Hubs that are in the Fon Community and Business may have a BT Openzone Hotspt.

Look out for the following BT Wifi SSIDS

BTWifi-With-Fon

BTWifi

BTFon (changing to BTWifi-With-Fon)

BT Openzone-H (changing to BTWifi)

BT Openzone

Is your line not activated yet?

If it is not activated then your broadband will not connect and your landline will not work

cheers,

James

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings