cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Moved house and charged £130

I got confirmation of a new lease in a new property on 22 December 2011 and immediately phoned the HomeMove number.  As I was only moving 1 mile around the corner, I was advised that it would be straightforward.

The BT employee was rather delighted that she could also offer me, on a new 18-month contract, what was called a Triple Bundle as opposed to my Total Package, Option 3.

This would work out and £25 p.m. for BB and Calls, £12.50 for BT Vision, £4.90 for anytime calls and £14.60 line rental.  Total £57 p.m. which worked out cheaper than what I was paying.

The activation date at the new address would be 28th December and there was definitely no call-out charge.

Fortunately, I have a Truecall recorder on my line, and her and me went over the above arrangement at least 4 times.

When we arrived at our new property on 28th December, there was no activation.... I spent ages that evening to Mumbai with no joy.  They had no reference of my HomeMove.  They gave me a number to call the next day.  I called the next day and spoke to a UK agent who only had a record of my call on 22 December for a new bundle.  No mention of the home move.  He confirmed that the soonest I could get connected would be Telephone on 9th January and BT Vision on 10th January.  He also told me I was 'lucky' it wasn't gong to be on 30th January!

I received an email saying an engineer would be calling round on 9th January to have this all activated.

He duly arrived, plugged his gadget into the brand new BT socket in the house, told me we had a connection and left.

Lo and behold, on my latest bill is a £130 call-out charge.

I have a very clear recording of my HomeMove request on 22 December, with the operator 4 times insisting there would be no callout charge and I am prepared to go to Ofcom with this.  I have a 12-year old son in receipt of DLA who lives with a life-threatening illness and my husband is a pensioner and not mobile.  I only have a PAYG cell phone on which I was forced to spend an extra £20 during the time we were incommunicado.

I should be grateful for any assistance.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moved house and charged £130

I think you have been very patient. Help is here.

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thank you, Keith.  That link led me to an Ooops, we're working on this message 😞

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

@AA99 wrote:

Thank you, Keith.  That link led me to an Ooops, we're working on this message 😞

Just close the message and the form is behind it. Not sure what is going on, probably a bt.com issue.

0 Ratings