cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjcrawshaw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Moved house - broadband connection issue

I've just moved house and had the new broadband scheduled to be connected on the 29th June. This was postponed to the 4th July because of an issue. I checked this morning but there's still no connection.

In addition the 'order' in the BT portal has changed several times with items being cancelled and added. The current 'order' is now showing the 12GB limit version of broadband, not the unlimited and the broadband status 'BB-None-WBC-NoSIM'.

I have spent hours on the online chats and on the phone trying to find out what is happening on both counts and when I can expect a working connection (presumably I'm still paying for the service that isn't working, albeit a small amount) but I keep getting passed between departments and no one seems to be able to tell me anything apart from 'There seems to be a problem'.

I've used this forum before and found I could actually get some answers which are useful. Could one of the Mods get in touch so I can pass the account/order details?

Thanks in advance. Sorry if this it the wrong board but it seemed the most appropriate.

Chris

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
PaddyB
Message 2 of 9

Re: Moved house - broadband connection issue

Hi @cjcrawshaw,

I am sorry to hear about the problems you have had with your order. I'll be able to take a look at what is happening with that order. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
cjcrawshaw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Many thanks for the response - Send the contact message in to the Mods.

0 Ratings
cjcrawshaw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

So, the connection has finally been done and whatever faults have been rectified to both phone line and broadband.

Could the Mod who spoke with me about 2-3 weeks ago get back in touch to follow up?

Thanks,

Chris

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 5 of 9

Hi @cjcrawshaw,

Thanks for posting. I'm glad you're up and running. I've checked this for you and your case handler is due to call you back tomorrow.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
cjcrawshaw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Hi DavidM,

Many thanks for the quick update. Looking forward to the call tomorrow.

Chris

0 Ratings
cjcrawshaw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Hi Patrick,

I had an email warning me of my broadband usage getting high. Can I confirm that as I'm switching to the unlimited package on the 24th, if I do go over my allowance in the meantime I won't get charged for it?

Thanks,
Chris
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

If you upgrade in the same billing period as you over usage, the excess charge is cancelled.

I am sure that is still the case.

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 9 of 9

Hi @cjcrawshaw,

What @Keith_Beddoe has posted is correct. As you have already placed your order to upgrade to the unlimited package there won't be any over usage charges raised against your account.

I'll follow up with you on the 26th once that order completes.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings