cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dave240170
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Moved house, got phone line, broadband connected but no internet.

My broadband gets connected, but no internet, i moved 15th from infinity area to a non infinity area. I had to wait till the 29th for the previous provider to drop the line so bt could take control, it was with AOL and i was using the internet fine. Tried normal routes and reported problem multiple times, but 3 days and still nothing, seems to me like the broadband has not been activated. IP address is always 172.16.18.???, all other details stay the same.  Phone line was ok but now sounds like a fire engine, have reported fault on phone and told all is ok. Any ideas? Thanks.

ADSL Port

IP Address 172.16.18.48
Network Type PPPoA
IP Subnet Mask 255.255.255.255
Gateway IP Address 81.146.165.6
Domain Name Server 194.74.65.98

LAN Port
IP Address 192.168.0.1
DHCP On
IP Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0

Modem
ADSL Firmware Version A2pB022c.d20e
Modem Status Connected
DownStream Connection Speed 12511 kbps
UpStream Connection Speed 1208 kbps
VPI 0
VCI 38 

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: Moved house, got phone line, broadband connected but no internet.

It looks like you are still using your AOL router, have you not received a BT Home hub to use?

The other thing to consider is that the move from AOL will need work to be done in the exchange, and this could take a while at this time of the year. Your activation date given by BT should give you some idea.

0 Ratings
dave240170
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 19

I have the homehub 2.0 with white openreach box for the bt infinity, but i dont think i can connect it here i may be wrong tho, I have a netgear dg834gt connected which is what i used at my old house before infinity as i had a homehub that blew up. BT sent me nothing. AOL is nothing to do with me, just had to wait for the previous owens contract to expire.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 19

Have you changed the broadband username details in your router?

For BT your username needs to be in the format xxxxxxxxx@btbroadband.com the password can be anything you wish it to be, it doesn't actually matter. But the field can't be left blank.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 19

The Openreach modem is not needed. There is nothing to stop you using your Netgear as before.

Did BT give you an activation date when you ordered BT Broadband, if not then you are not going to get BT service?

0 Ratings
dave240170
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 19

Yes, been through that a few times on the phone with the indian techies.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 19

Odd.

Your circuit is in sync with the exchange equipment but it appears your router is not logging you in or the authentication is being rejected. What was your migration date? Have you had confirmation that the order is closed?

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
dave240170
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 19

I got an email saying 

Broadband starts

It'll be ready to set up. 29 Dec 2011

before midnight 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 19

PM sent. Check your inbox Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
dave240170
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 19

Stilll no broadband!

0 Ratings