cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZainAqib
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Moved houses and haven't had broadband service for 2+ weeks.

So on the 14th I moved houses and called in to BT a day earlier telling them that I'm moving and asking what the procedure is from here. The rep told me that all I had to do was to set up my router and on the 20th I would get my services back.

Fast forward to last Friday, the 21st and I still don't have my broadband services. So I call in again and now the rep tells me that my moving house order did not go through or got cancelled for some reason and that they will send a new kit on Monday the 24th (yesterday) and all I have to do was set it up and I'll have my broadband back. I was really frustrated so I called multiple reps and stayed on the phone line for a few hours just getting all the details and making sure it would be back on Monday for peace of mind. Survive the weekend with no broadband and got my new router on Monday and I quickly set it up. I was told it would be back by midnight. Nope. Call in today to find out there's more problems and that in 48 hours, on Thursday they will tell me the status of my services and when they'll be back, not that they will be back on Thursday but just the status of them, jesus. They also told me they would call me last Friday but I got no such call and I had to call the reps my self when the so called order management team would specially contact me, so you can understand what I think will happen on Thursday.

Sorry for the wall of text, I just feel like BT is just playing games with me and stringing me a long for no god **bleep** reason and I've tried contacting them multiple times and in multiple ways (helpline, twitter, live chat)  to a bunch of different answers and no solutions. I am so frustrated and angry. Should I change my ISP? Any advice would be appreciated. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
ZainAqib
Beginner
Message 2 of 7

Re: Moved houses and haven't had broadband service for 2+ weeks.

Bump

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 3 of 7

Have you checked HERE if it is available at your new address?

0 Ratings
ZainAqib
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

I have checked and services are available in my area, also I think BT would have told me already if my service wasn't available in my new property.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

@ZainAqib wrote:

I have checked and services are available in my area, also I think BT would have told me already if my service wasn't available in my new property.

Please can you post the detail from that information form
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

Is it a new build house that you have moved to?

0 Ratings
ZainAqib
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

ADSL Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 3--2.5 to 6.5Available
ADSL MaxUp to 3--2 to 5.5Available
WBC Fixed Rate1----Available
Fixed Rate1----Available
Other Offerings   Availability Date
ADSL Multicast------Available

Postcode only checks will not return any result for fibre services (FTTP, FTTC:VDSL and G.fast).

For all ADSL services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 30-Nov-2012; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number, NAD, UPRN or Access Line ID (ALID) check.

Note: If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service.

Thank you for your interest.

and no, it's not a new built house. 

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Did the previous owners have telephone or broadband, and did they remember to arrange to cancel their service well in advance of the moving date?

Have BT said that your broadband has been activated?

It normally takes about 14 days for any new sevices to be activated. If any existing service at the house had not been cancelled, then an additional 10 days would be added to that.

0 Ratings