cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
infinitywaiter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Moving BT Sport From Sky To BT

We got Sky last May 2013 after getting a 50% off code from Money Saving Expert, so ended up only paying £30 a month for all the sky channels.

We also signed up to get BT Sport HD for free before the August deadline wihch BT ran last year and have had BT Sport 1/2 and BT Sport 1/2 HD on the sky platform since then for free.

But, seeing as our Sky 50% off offer ends this May 2014 and we have just had an Infinity cabinet installed at the end of our road, we are looking at getting Infinity, cancelling Sky and putting back in our Humax Freesat Recorder.

So, would we be able to simply transfer our BT Sport HD channels across to the fibre platform or would BT try to sting us and now charge us the £3 just to watch the channels that we have already got for free in HD?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
StewM
Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: Moving BT Sport From Sky To BT

You could give customer options a ring 0800 800 330.
Rather than trying to squeeze £3 per month out of BT, I would be more concerned what Sky will charge for cancelling their contract mid-term.

0 Ratings
infinitywaiter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Not cancelling mid term, 12 month contract runs from may 2013 to may 2014.

New cabinet should be up and running by May so should have infinity instead of adsl.

So, as don't want to pay full price for keeping sky after 12 month contract runs out, will be putting Humax freesat recorder back in and want to get my BT Sports HD channels transferred onto my infinity instead of paying £3 as I already get the channles on sky.

0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 4 of 8

Just using your Humax freesat recorder you won't be able to watch BT Sport. SD or HD.
0 Ratings
infinitywaiter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Yes I know that can't get these channels on Humax Freesat, the only reason we got it on sky was because we had a 50% off every bundle and before now, we couldn't get infinity so couldn't get bt tv

That is why I wanted to know if I could transfer my bt sport hd channels onto bt tv on infiinity seeing as we have them already on the sky platform, instead of having to pay the £3.

0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 6 of 8

There isn't a definitive answer for you! You need to negotiate when you take out the new package. If you took BT sports out in July then you are only entitled to a remainder of 3 months under the Free for 12 months deal?
0 Ratings
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 8

@infinitywaiter wrote:

We got Sky last May 2013 after getting a 50% off code from Money Saving Expert, so ended up only paying £30 a month for all the sky channels.

We also signed up to get BT Sport HD for free before the August deadline wihch BT ran last year and have had BT Sport 1/2 and BT Sport 1/2 HD on the sky platform since then for free.

But, seeing as our Sky 50% off offer ends this May 2014 and we have just had an Infinity cabinet installed at the end of our road, we are looking at getting Infinity, cancelling Sky and putting back in our Humax Freesat Recorder.

So, would we be able to simply transfer our BT Sport HD channels across to the fibre platform or would BT try to sting us and now charge us the £3 just to watch the channels that we have already got for free in HD?

I have just done exactly what you are describing.

There was no problem at all. The woman even said that the "early bird HD" offer would be carried over to ensure I got free HD on youview for sport until August.

The channels appeared on youview and disappeared from sky immediately.

0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 8 of 8

Thanks Dave for clarifying.
0 Ratings