cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jotpilot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Moving BT Sport to new Sky viewing card

Got a new Sky box and viewing card today. All Sky Sports and HD channels are working fine. I tried to move my BT Sport subscription to the new viewing card (from old Sky viewing card) but it didn't work. Called up both BT and Sky and they are blaming each other - BT say the viewing card doesn't exist but clearly it does. Sky say there is nothing they can do. And yes I have triple checked the viewing card number.

Any ideas? This is driving me crazy. Thanks.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
DavidM
Message 2 of 3

Re: Moving BT Sport to new Sky viewing card

Hi jotpilot,

Thanks for posting. Sorry you're having problems with the viewing card. If you haven't got it sorted yet take a look at the Sky Viewing Card faqs and let us know if that helps.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
jotpilot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Moving BT Sport to new Sky viewing card

It's finally sorted (wow it took a long time) but in case anyone else has the same issue here is the full story.

My BT Sport was registered to a sky viewing card belonging to someone else. That person moved out and changed their sky billing address but I continued to use their viewing card for a while. BT Sport continued to work fine. That sky account was cancelled and I set up my own with a new viewing card, obviously registered at my address. It proved impossible to move BT Sport to the new viewing card number because the BT systems insisted incorrectly that my new sky viewing card was registered to the addess of the persons sky account who moved out.

The only solution was to cancel my BT Sport service and start it up again.

0 Ratings