Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimmymyboy
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Moving BTmail account from one BT account to another

Go to solution

I am facing the same problem as mighthunter posted on 03.01.14. I have been living between two houses with two different BT accounts for eighteen months. I have now sold my original house which was where the email account was linked. In closing the BT account there I have been told I will lose my emails. I was then told I can link my email address to my other BT account but have not been told the mechanism for this.

Mighthunter got this done through the moderators but there seems to be no mechanism for me to do this myself.

Help would be appreciated.

Regards

Jim

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moving BTmail account from one BT account to another

Go to solution

see link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44864/~/can-i-link-my-existing-bt-mail-address-to-ano...

If you call  0808 100 6778. Select option 2 they should be able to help.

0 Ratings
jimmymyboy
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
Thanks for that. I got through to the right people who advised me that the transfer of my email address to my newer BT account cannot be done until after the closure date of the broadband service to my older account. Seems odd but they were confident that the transfer would be done. I'll post back with the outcome later in the month.
Thanks again.
Jim.
0 Ratings
jimmymyboy
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
After account closure I contacted the number provided. Helpful operator could not complete the change himself but referred it to support. They called back two days later and after a few minutes the transfer was made and I am set up as I wished.

Thanks a lot for your guidance.

Jim
0 Ratings