cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Moving Home Hub 5

Hi all, 

I am looking at moving my BT Home Hub 5 from the hallway into the lounge as I have just bought an Android box and need better internet connection. Please can anyone tell how best to do this as I note the the hub has a DSL connection to the master socket situated in the hallway.

I am hoping that if i move the hub to the lounge I will either have a better wireleass connection or I could use an ethernet cable from the hub to the Android box.

Please can anyone provide any advice/assistance.

Many thanks in advance !

Jon

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moving Home Hub 5

you would be best using an Ethernet cable to your android box
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Depending on the quality of the wiring in your house you may be better using Powerline networking, although out of interest what's the problem with using wireless?

If you have the wireless configured correctly (seperate SSID for 2.4 & 5ghz, correct channel selection etc) then it should work fine with your Android box.

If you suspect your wireless is playing up try InSSIDer on a laptop to check your wireless settings for channel crossover and signal strength.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I have had a firestick for the last year on a wireless connection and it hasnt been great, especially on live sport. I will check InSSIDer as you suggested and see what the outcome is.

0 Ratings