Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Moving House Issues!

Go to solution

Hey everyone,

I'm a bit frustrated as I'm trying to move my BT Broadband service and BT are making it difficult. I tried to start the initiation process online using the 'moving house' set up page. I put in my basic infomation and once I pressed 'next', a page came up displaying an error code (Ref# CON-0003). I've just spent an hour on chat (my mobile phone is broken and I don't have a landline) only to find out that no one can actually help me online, only over the phone. I can't find on the BT wesbite where there's just an email address that I can use to email someone to help me. I apparently need someone in the moving team for my claim.

The website is just so confusing and difficult to navigate and it seems like the customer service staff are pretty absent and unhelpful. When I was signing up, I only received the best treatment. Now though, it's like they want me to cancel my service so they get a big payout because the service has been that bad.

Can anyone provide an email address that I can use to get help for this issue? Or has anyone been through this and can suggest what I do here? It's super frustrating that I can only sort this out online, but BT should have a better website so this shouldn't be a big deal.

Anyway, I would really appreciate some help!

Thank you!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moving House Issues!

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you! Much appreciated.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @meghemmings and welcome.

I'm sorry you're having problems getting you move order placed. You've mentioned ' I apparently need someone in the moving team for my claim.' Is there a special offer or cashback associated with the order? 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

No, there's no special offer. This is just what I was told by the online chat team. They said they couldn't help me and only the moving team could. It's just a standard move.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for confirming that @meghemmings.

Please send me over your details using the contact the moderators link in my profile and I'll try to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings