cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stressed
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Moving House

I feel incredibly let down by BT as I have previously always found their service second to none. After finalising a difficult house move, I called the moving house number on 5th October to ask for my acount, landline and broadband to be transferred to my new address. I was assured how easy and straightforward the process would be at quite short notice and a package was agreed. I was promised that the phone and broadband would be available from 15th October but that a note would be placed on file to make it the 13th (day of completion) if at all possilbe. I was given a reference nuumber and a provisional phone number. Great...........

On Saturday I thought I would just check the order on-line. The dates have been altered without any notification to me. 19th October for the phone line and 25th October for the broadband. I have made several telephone calls. The first woman told me that the person whose flat I am buying had specified a moving date of 18th October, hence the change. She refused to countenance the possibility of an error by BT and was quite unhelpful. Needless to say the instructions were given to BT correctly, i.e. 13th October and it is their mistake. The incorrect dates still remain on the order. I telephoned yesterday and was told that, if I call once I have moved, the phone at least will be connected early. How do I know that is true and is not something just to fob me off? 

I have registered a complain online but of course have not received a response. Should I just call it a day with BT and go elsewhere?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
stressed
Beginner
Message 2 of 3

Re: Moving House

I have just phoned again. I was offered the option of cancelling the instructions and then calling again tomorrow to replace them. That way apparently I could get dates closer to what I was promised. BT should be offering to take this problem and sort it out. It feels very risky to cancel and try again tomorrow. Truly appauling service from this large unhelpful organisation.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 3 of 3

Re: Moving House

Hi Stressed,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum.  Sounds like you are having a terrible time trying to figure out what is going on with your home move order.  I am sorry for all the hassle.  I would like to step in here.

Can you please drop me an email to the address in my profile, include the order numbers that BT have provided you.  Once I can check the order I will be able to discuss the best was forward.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings