cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
installerd10
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Moving Infinity hub away from modem using powerline adaptors.

Hi does anyone know if I can use a pair of these  'TP-Link PA411KIT AV500 Powerline Adapters' to move the Infinty hub to a  location remote from the modem? The reason is that I have very little space near the modem and it would be very awkward to run a cable to the new location, or is it a case of just trying it to see if it works!  Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moving Infinity hub away from modem using powerline adaptors.

It works. The only problem would be if the speed between the two powerline adapters is less than your infinity connection, you would be limited to the speed offered by the power adapters.

installerd10
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks I am going to order a pair and see how I get on!

0 Ratings
mikemases
Message 4 of 5

Can I just confirm that you've done this the way I'm thinking? I cannot move my master socket as it is in a new build of flats and the other sockets are connected in serial from there leaving me with no option unless I want to start tearing walls out! I've had an engineer out to look and he explained to me why it wasn't possible. My master socket is in my airing cupboard so hardly the best place considering I have media devices I have no option but wiring up to the home hub...

I'm also not willing to have a huge cable running across my floor (yes, already done that and it was a complete nuisance) so I want to have the vdsl2 modem in the airing cupboard by the master socket. This would then connect directly to a powerline network adapter, and in my living room I would connect the infinity port of the HomeHub to the other powerline adapter. Is this exactly what you've done? If so, which brand/model of powerline adapters did you use?

Thanks!
0 Ratings
Huw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Hi how did you get on with the powerline adapters?

I was wanting to do the same thing as i'm having fibre fitted on monday and would really appreciate your advice on the sucess of the adapters.

Thanks

Huw

0 Ratings