Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlhudson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Moving contacts into a sub account

Go to solution

I want to set up a sub account on my BT Yahoo! e-mail. This is easily done and there is a lot of help for those who struggle! However, I would like to use the contacts list from my main account. How do I transfer it over? It seems only to be able to go into a Yahoo! Mail account there is no option for the BT Yahoo! e-mail. I have tried the other options and none of them work either. I would rather not copy all the ones I want to use when they are there.

Please help

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moving contacts into a sub account

Go to solution

Welcome to the forum. Try this:

1) Log in to main account > Contacts > Actions > Export All > Yahoo.CSV > save the file.
2) Logout.
3) Log in to your sub account > Contacts > Import Contacts > From file > upload the file.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
dlhudson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you for your swift reply - sadly I had tried that option before posting the call for help. When I try it, I get past the security code, a message says that the download will start and if it does not in 5 seconds click here. It doesn't and when I click here still nothing happens.

Regards

dlhudson

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

It could be a browser issue; I use Firefox and the file downloaded as normal. If you're using Windows click Start and enter .csv in the search box at the bottom; if the file downloaded in the background that should identify it. Otherwise I'm stuck.

Do you know that BT are in the process of ditching Yahoo! so the problem will come out in the wash at some stage? Meanwhile you might like to consider an email client so that you can manage it on your computer. Thunderbird is a popular choice.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
dlhudson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Took your advise and used Google Chrome instead of Safari  and it worked fine.

Thank you for your help.

0 Ratings