cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
g4fne
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Moving from BT : Can i still access my btinternet email account ?

Hi folks.

After going through another annual stress of dealing negotiating my new BT Broadband connection, i have taken the decision to migrate to another provider.

I have had the following email from BT

You can still use your BT email account

So that you can still send and receive emails using your BT email address, we'll downgrade your account to our Pay-as-you-go dial-up service. Your email address stays the same. This service is subject to the standard terms and conditions at bt.yahoo.com/terms. You'll need to dial up using our Pay-as-you-go dialler at least once in the next 60 days - and every 90 days after that. If you don't, we'll automatically close the account.

Can anyone confirm if this is basically tellng me if i will only be able to still access my btinternet.com email addresses if i use the pay as go broadband ??

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Jedra
Beginner
Message 2 of 3

Re: Moving from BT : Can i still access my btinternet email account ?

I assume their PAYG dial-up number is premium rate.  In this case the dial-in is basically you paying the fee to keep your btinternet email address alive.  You will not need to dial-in to receive mails, but you may have to when you want to send mails using this address (you'll need to check this).

If you do this regularly, it may be better for you to buy a domain name and use that as your email address.  Then, when you swap ISPs you don't have to go through this every time.

0 Ratings
pompeyfaith
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Moving from BT : Can i still access my btinternet email account ?

Set up a gmail address then forward bt mail to this address

0 Ratings