Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
csortwell
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Moving from BT, keep email address?

Hi

I am thinking about moving to another ISP now that my exchange is enabled for their services but wish to know if it is possible to keep my @btinternet.com email address.

I have trawled through the BT site and can find nowhere to actually ask this question short of phoning India, but from previous experiences that is more hassle than it is worth.

Thanks in advance

CJ

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Rottie
Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Moving from BT, keep email address?

@csortwell wrote:

Hi

@I am thinking about moving to another ISP now that my exchange is enabled for their services but wish to know if it is possible to keep my @btinternet.com email address.

I have trawled through the BT site and can find nowhere to actually ask this question short of phoning India, but from previous experiences that is more hassle than it is worth.

Thanks in advance

CJ

Hi there,

@I think you can keep your email address after leaving BT, but as I recall, it's a chargable item @ (I think) c. £1.50 a month.

If in doubt, you could always call 0800 800 150 and get clarification.

Hope this helps. 🙂

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 3 of 3

Re: Moving from BT, keep email address?

Hi Csortwell,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum.

Rottie is absolutely correct, you can keep your BT internet email account even without having BT broadband.  You will have to sign up to BT Yahoo Premium Mail.  I have included a link below with more information,

BT Yahoo! Premium Mail

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings