Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Moving from SKY fibre to BT Infinity

Hello,

Was wondering if I could get some info on this...

11 months ago I moved from BT infinity 2 and calls to SKY fibre unlimited, calls and TV.

My SKY contract is ending next month, so I know I can give my 31 days notice to sky this month to cancel my services.

As I will be giving my notice to SKY in the 11th month of my contract when will I be able to order BT Infinity and calls package?
Would I need to contact SKY or will BT do it for me?

Thanks
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moving from SKY fibre to BT Infinity

When I did mine via the phone, it was about 6 or 7 weeks beforehand. I stressed that my contract with SKY ended on a specific date and I did not want the transfer before that date. It was actually transferred over on the date I agreed with BT .

This was a transfer of phone and fibre .

So my advice, give notice to SKY to end the contract and then speak to BT  via phone to order and ensure that the transfer goes over on the correct day and not before. Check any confirmation letter/email you recieve from BT to verify details etc.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

@wah007 wrote:
Hello,
 ending next month, so I know I can give my 31 days notice to sky this month to cancel my services.

As I will be giving my notice to SKY in the 11th month of my contract when will I be able to order BT Infinity and calls package?
Would I need to contact SKY or will BT do it for me?

You need to give Sky notice if you want to cancel any TV services you have with them.

For Sky Talk and Sky Broadband this is NOT necessary! The act of signing up with BT (or any other provider) will automatically inform Sky of the fact you are leaving (and the date). You are correct that the transfer date should be after the 12 month period you are tied to Sky.

I moved from Sky to BT in March and never once talked to Sky! I did get a confirmation letter from them when they were notified by BT of the transfer date - and that was all!Sky cancelled their contract on the transfer date.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

@toekneem Thanks for the info. 

The only thing is that I have to sign up online as I get cashback through work, but I think I can chat to their online advisors, and they normally walk you through the sign up process. So I might be able to do it this way.

@brianmc Thanks for that.

I will call them to cancel the SKY tv and for the broadband and calls I will leave with BT, and inform them what the contract date is so they can transfer me on or after that date. I get it now.

0 Ratings