Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meteosat
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 23

Moving from SKY

Go to solution

Hi all,

Our exchange in Porthcawl (S. Wales) has just been enabled for INFINITY, together with cabinets - we're currently on SKY - has anyone done the migration? If it's to a FTTC product do we still need a MAC?

Cheers

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Rahat786786
Contributor
Message 2 of 23

Re: Moving from SKY

Go to solution

Yes you will require a MAC code in order to switch from Sky to BT Infinity.

0 Ratings
Meteosat
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 23

Go to solution

Thanks - that's what the online chat has just said, so its confirmed.

SKY have the habit of stopping the BB connection straight away and I have a few critical things coming uo, so I wonder if anyone has followed this migration from request to INFINITY?

Cheers

0 Ratings
Rahat786786
Contributor
Message 4 of 23

Go to solution

Not 100% certain but I am pretty sure that the downtime of broadband will be minimal as you will only disconnected on the day Infinity is installed. That is the case with most other ISPs so should also be the case with Sky.

0 Ratings
traynor1987
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 23

Go to solution

I moved from SKY to BT Infinity on the 15th November and I didn't require a MAC Code! When I ordered it the woman on the phone said I didn't need one as I was getting BT Infinity and not normal ADSL Broadband so I wasn't migrating!

Went through without a problem as well,

James

0 Ratings
Meteosat
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 23

Go to solution

Well that's interesting - two different opinions - ummm - does it depend who I speak to or if I did it online?

0 Ratings
jcampy
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 23

Go to solution

you will only need mac code if your are currently on sky connect if your are not they you are on there llu network so no mac code can be generated

0 Ratings
Meteosat
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 23

Go to solution

Can I be 100% sure of that? Don't wish to appear to doubt you, but their online chat said I would need it.

Thanks for coming in on the thread.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 23

Go to solution

If Sky have the telephone line , then you need to bring it back to BT.

The problem can start there. If Sky had the line and you were on SKY LLU, when the line comes back to BT, SKY will stop the broadband and then you might have to wait a few days for BT activation.

If it was LLU, as said I don't believe you need or use a MAC code.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Meteosat
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 23

Go to solution

Line is still BT, line rental is BT call package currently Anytime is BT - the only SKY part is the BB and it is LLU and has been for a couple of years.

Cheers

0 Ratings