cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spuds
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Moving from Vision to YouView ?

After numerous problems with my BTVision service after the introduction of multicast I am considering making the move to YouView.

At the moment I have the choice of receiving the multicast service, on Vision, but loosing NAT Loopback and having port forwarding problems or visa versa (BT solved my Vision pixilation problems on HD by replacing my HomeHub 3 with a Type A from Type B).

So my questing is, if I move from Vision to YouView would I receive my channels over the air or multicast. I would prefer to receive them over the air so I will be able to use a router of my choice rather the the HomeHub.

If I receive them over the air do BT plan to introduce a type of multicast service in the near future which would mean me having to revert back to a HomeHub and probably introduce the problems I am experiencing with the BT Vision service at the moment.

If this is the case I will just go out and buy a Humax YouView box from Curry's, at least I will be able to use a 3rd party router but of course will loose out on the sports.

Many thanks

Spuds

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
MartinH
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moving from Vision to YouView ?

@Spuds wrote:

So my questing is, if I move from Vision to YouView would I receive my channels over the air or multicast. I would prefer to receive them over the air so I will be able to use a router of my choice rather the the HomeHub.

YouView receives its channels over the air but...

If I receive them over the air do BT plan to introduce a type of multicast service in the near future which would mean me having to revert back to a HomeHub and probably introduce the problems I am experiencing with the BT Vision service at the moment.

...some additonal opt-in pay channels are coming and these would be delivered via multicast IPTV.

0 Ratings
Spuds
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your reply @MartinH

@MartinH wrote:

..some additonal opt-in pay channels are coming and these would be delivered via multicast IPTV.

Do you know if that will include the BT Sports channels. All I really want from BT is to be able to watch the Sports and watch channels in HD  (and to be able to record these). I realise I would loose the SKY Sports.

Many thanks

0 Ratings
MartinH
Expert
Message 4 of 4

@Spuds wrote:

Thanks for your reply @MartinH

@MartinH wrote:

..some additonal opt-in pay channels are coming and these would be delivered via multicast IPTV.

Do you know if that will include the BT Sports channels. All I really want from BT is to be able to watch the Sports and watch channels in HD  (and to be able to record these). I realise I would loose the SKY Sports.

Many thanks

BT have said the sport channels are coming to YouView including the retail boxes but there have been so many contradictory statements that it starts to become a PITA to keep track of them all. 

0 Ratings