cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Moving home in minimum term, keep existing offers?

Go to solution

I've had some conflicting information regarding moving home and what happens with the offers/contracts on my account.

We're moving home within the one year contract period for Infinity 1 and line rental. I know the line rental gets a new 12 month contract but understood that the broadband contract would continue as is.

If this is the case, will the price for the broadband change? We joined during a £10pm offer period for unlimited Inf1 but have been told by different advisors that we'd have to take up a new offer at the time of moving, and another time were told that the offer would continue as is, like the contract.

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moving home in minimum term, keep existing offers?

Go to solution

Hi @dnr88,

Take a look at - Moving home with BT

What will happen to my phone line contract term if I move?

If you want telephone service at your new address, a new 12-month contract term will always apply for the telephone line. Any un-used portion of Line Rental Saver that you paid at your old address, and any remaining contract term on a telephone calling plan, will both carry over to your new address.

What will happen to my broadband term if I move?

Any term remaining on your existing broadband contract will be transferred to your new address if you take the same service there. However, if the term on your broadband contract is less than three months, a new three-month contract will apply at your new address.

I hope this helps?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @PaddyB

Thanks for your reply. I had read that previously, but specifically rather than the actual contract terms I was referring to the actual offers and prices signed up for, whether they will continue the same at the new address.

These don't seem to be mentioned in either the Ts and Cs nor on the FAQ pages.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

If you still have more than 3 months to run on the broadband contract then that contract is transferred ie there shouldn't be any change to it at all so you should continue with the existing prices you currently pay.

"Any term remaining on your existing broadband contract will be transferred to your new address if you take the same service there."

The existing offers and prices will stay with the existing broadband contract as they relate to that contract which is what has been offered by BT and accepted by you - if the prices etc change as a result of the move then BT would be in breach of that contract.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks @conrad, this is what I thought should be the case, providing it takes place before the final three months of the contract.
Seemed to be a lot of conflicting information from BT customer service about this hence the confusion.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
I am in a new contract and i was wondering the same and tbh i am still confused as hell. BT do not make it easy for anyone.
0 Ratings