cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Moving home.

Go to solution
So, I'm moving. I've done the home move thing online.

It says that the move is free if you recontract, so question 1 for how long?
Secondly I currently have a discount on my broadband, will this new contract still be at the price I'm currently paying?

Cheers
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moving home.

Go to solution

From bt.com

• What happens to my existing phone, broadband or TV contract when I move?

If you move home within the UK, call us early and we'll try to give you the same services you currently have, at your new address. If we're not able to do this and you are still within your minimum contract period for the services we can't provide, you'll be able to end the contract for those services and you won't have to pay a charge for doing that.

Your existing service contracts can be transferred to your new address, but there are some important points that you need to remember:

• When you move home, you will always start a new 12 month line rental contract even if you're just taking over a working line at your new address.
    • If you transfer your broadband to your new home, a new 3 month contract will apply unless you had longer than 3 months left on the broadband contract at your old address in which case you'll carry over the rest of that contract.
    • Any Calling Plan (e.g. Unlimited Anytime Plan) and BT Vision contracts will simply transfer to your new address and carry on as before.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

0 Ratings
Fiery43
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

That make interesting reading, i'm having a nightmare with BT at the moment. I was renting for six months and moved at the end of the tenancy, the building i've moved to is virgin exclusive and BT and Sky can not have services installed. I've explained this to BT who want the remainder of the contract paying. I quoted the below information about BT not being able to be installed and that you won't pay any charges and there saying i still have to pay? Either they think i'm lying or the website is wrong, either way i'm going to be taking this matter as far as i can go

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

If it shows on the BT database, that service could be provided, then the fact that the landlord may not like it, is not BTs fault.

The exception would be at places like Kingston upon Hull, where BT has no presence, or in very remote areas, where there may be no existing network.

0 Ratings