cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Moving home

Problem moving house.

Timing of move was last minute, so couldn't plan ahead.

New property has a BT line (previous occupant was with BT) so used online process to switch services. This correctly identified that there was a line in place and an engineer wasn't require. It also said that this would take around 4 days.

Later in the process however I was forced to book an engineer appointment for 17 Jan, some four WEEKS later, with an activation date of the new line on the same day.

The engineer appointment has been cancelled by BT (as not required), but no one seems able to bring the date forward. I've had two very painful chat sessions with India (one of which I was rudely cut off on as I was being referred to a manager - presumably as it was 9 o clock and they were closing, but I was given no explanation).

Any one else had this problem?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Moving home

Welcome to this user forum.

The fact that there is a line there already, has little bearing on the appointment time, as Openreach still treat it as a cease and reprovide.

Openreach are very busy this time of the year, so the date that you were given would have been the earliest date that Openreach have an appointment slot.

Your original time slot would have been cancelled as its not possible to change it at short notice.

0 Ratings