cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stoli412
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Moving house and Infinity not available - What to do with contract?

Go to solution

I currently have BT Infinity and the Total Entertainment TV package. I'm going to be moving house at the end of the month. I've checked online and BT Infinity (and TV) is not available at the new address...only standard DSL is available. I'm still under a 12-month contract. Will BT allow me to cancel without penalty? If not, what sort of charges am I looking at? I have about 9 months left on the contract.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moving house and Infinity not available - What to do with contract?

Go to solution

If you call the following number they should be able to help

• From a landline: 0800 100 400
  • From a mobile: 0330 1234 150*

0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Simple answer: no, they won't.

27. If you move home within the UK, and let us know at least 14 days before you do so we will continue to provide your communications service by whatever technology is available at your new address in line with our home mover policy (available on www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/homemove) and the terms set out in the relevant service terms.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumer/terms/ (and good luck actually finding the "home mover policy").

In other words, they will transfer you to whatever broadband is available.  If you cancel, you will get a penalty fee.  You would have to ask them what it will be, as it depends on many different factors.

0 Ratings
stoli412
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@gg30340 wrote:

If you call the following number they should be able to help

• From a landline: 0800 100 400
  • From a mobile: 0330 1234 150*

Thanks for that. I called and spoke to a few people. Since they are unable to provide fibre to the new address (and are unlikely to in the near future since it's an 'exchange only' line), they let me cancel my existing service and contract without penalty.

0 Ratings