cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tpluk
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Moving house - number problem

I contacted BT with regards to cancelling my phone, tv and broadband because I was not living there anymore. I told the guy I was moving in with my partner and she was thinking on changing from TalkTalk back to bt....I was told I could do it as a house move... I told the guy she needed to keep her number and not mine...I WAS TOLD SEVERAL TIMES HER NUMBER WOULD BE PORTED.....This was the only reason I agreed to go ahead...I asked SEVERAL times if she can keep her number...the answer was Yes every time...it will be PORTED and was assured that if on the day my number was transferd just call and they would port her old number over no problem !!!!
Today my service was activated in my partners house....yes I had the number from my old house...so I called....som indian woman didn't have a clue what I was talking about and finally put me through to the house moving dept. Great I thought as I got someone English...Then I was told they can't guarantee that I can renumber to the old number for that house, despite the fact I was assured this would be done no problem, which was the only reason so went ahead with the moving option...now I told I have to call tomorrow...the same number as I did today...explaine to some Indian what I need...and hope they can request the old number. If I had been told I may not be able to keep the number already at the other house I would have note gone ahead.....more than useless some people...I must say the lady I spoke to on the day was very polite and sorry about what id been told...not much use to me now it's to late..but i know it wasn't her fault....if only she had been the one to take my first call....
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moving house - number problem

@tpluk

The number may have belonged to TalkTalk, and they may not have ported it to BT. This is going to be complicated.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 3 of 4

Hi @tpluk Sorry that things have gone wrong with the transfer of your services and getting the correct number.

It looks like a home move was raised for you to keep your number when the services moved over. I'm not sure if we will be able to get you the number you want but we will be happy to look into this for you if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
tpluk
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for your help Keith....
0 Ratings