cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frenchie
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Moving of connections

I recently moved into an older property and the telephone cables are coming in (in a rather unsightly way) through one of the window frames. Someone has actually taken the biggest chunk of frame away to accomodate it Smiley Sad

I'd like to change the way this is entering the house so that I can tidy the window back up, is this an easy thing to do/move? Can anyone tell me what the 2 black wires are and also the 2 white wires you can see coming from the corner of the window? This particular box (we have them coming through 2 other windows) is currently connected to what I think is the Master socket and also to a slave socket.

Does anyone know if this is a job I can do myself or would I need to call in a Pro? I've attached a picture so you can see what I'm talking about.

Fingers crossed

MarieIMG_0119.JPG

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moving of connections

Only Openreach are allowed to do that. You can put in a request using this form.

http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/submitFeedback.do?contactReason=remove_relocate_external_networ...

0 Ratings
frenchie
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for replying so quickly. It's a shame it looks like something I wont be able to do myself...do you have any idea of what they would charge for this kind of job?

Thanks,

M

0 Ratings
lines_man
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

£130........
0 Ratings