Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
radoval
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Moving old BT Yahoo Premium email addresses into new BT Mail service

Hi All,

This message is most likely for a moderator, as I need some help with transfering my ancient (paid) BT Yahoo Premium mail account(s) to my new BT Mail service which is included in BT package I have.

BT made extremally difficult to do that as they would give up some income by moving paid accounts into free service but I know I'm fully eligible. Recently BT decided to increase prices for the Premium accounts up to £5. Premium means premium price - outrage 😉

I'd really appreciate some help. I've already read number of posts here and there and also live-chatted with regular BT customer service. They gave me a Premium Mail Team number, 0800 100 6778, which actually doesn't work (literally: the number you have dialled hasn't been recognized!). 

I know the mods helped some people with this matter here, on the forum. Would I be lucky as well?

Kind regards,

RW

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moving old BT Yahoo Premium email addresses into new BT Mail service

You can not move a BTYahoo email account onto a BTMail account because they are two different systems. If you contact BT and tell them you want to link it to your BT account, they won't be able to do it but they can credit your account with the the cost which effectively makes it free.

When/if the email migration from Yahoo to BTMail commences you will then be able to have it linked.

The number you posted was an 0800 number where as the correct number is 0808 100 6778 option 2. They should be able to credit your account.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 3 of 6

Hi @radoval

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!  I can see that you have tried calling the number to sort this out without success.

@gg30340 is right in that they are two different platforms so we can't transfer one to the other.  We can however move your email address so it's in line with your BT Broadband package to prevent any charges for the premium mail service going forward (as the email address will be included in your broadband rental).

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
radoval
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Hi All,

I'm not sure whether anything has happened to my email.
I certainly haven't heard from anybody with regards to moving the account to the broadband bundle. It's been a while since my first post.
How do I check whether it has been done?

Regards,
Radek
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Did you contact the moderator as requested?

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 6 of 6

Hi @radoval,

Thanks for posting. I've tried to contact you a few times, sorry I missed you. The quickest way for you to get this resolved would be to contact the Premium mail desk on 0808 100 6778 9am to 9pm Mon - Fri 9am to 6pm Saturday and Sunday

That team should be able to migrate your email over to your broadband account and sort out any billing issues for you. Can you try that and let us know how you get on.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings